01 December 2007

Tiki party


Having not done much to celebrate my birthday in recent years, I decided this year to throw a beach party! yes, I thought, how novel - a beach party in November! complete with tiki torches, beach cricket, boule & surfing - a chance to introduce all my antipodean friends to each other, finally. The plan was to drive up half hour to Whale Beach - a beautiful little golden stretch, tucked under cliffs and trees - to spend the afternoon & evening having a few laughs. Well, as it has almost always been on my birthday, I awoke that morning to find that it was grey & raining - but not cold. As the drizzle continued into the afternoon, i eventually made the call to go to Plan B - my friend, Dee, offered to host the party at her place - and as luck may have it, an hour before, the clouds cleared and we had a beautiful afternoon in her yard - tiki torches & grass mats included. We didn't stroll home until the wee hours of the morning - it was lovely. In actuality, it was a celebration of friendship rather than a birthday - I am so happy & lucky to find myself surrounded with such a great group of people who are a big reason why I enjoy my life here so much.

As pictured: sailing buddies, Al & Louise, Dee; surfing & beer drinking buddies, Simon & John; flatmate & culinary master, Celine; all around sporting friend, Cristelle; swimming buddies Gary & Shane; all around amazing person, Mai; fellow film maker, Alison (not pictured because not in town: Gabrielle & Greg, Elena, Desi & Coert, Rachel, Murielle & Pierre, Isabelle & Alex - missed you!)








2 comments:

Le blog de XXXX said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sorry, I was trying to leave a comment on your blog about your Birthday.
I don't want to intrude but I have been following your blog from Seattle to Australia for a while. I spent some time at Seattle and I am now in Australia too!
I arrived in Manly a few days ago and I'm trying to meet new people living here for a while. As a blog is made to be in touch I would be delighted to have a coffee sometimes with you. My mail is "benjamin at generationy20 dot com". Delete this comment any time.

Ben