Last May I took a trip to Turkey to sail with my parents on their sailboat - we departed from Bodrum and sailed to a couple small Greek islands before returning to Turkey. I found the Turks to be incredibly friendly and their country incredibly intriguing. I barely scratched the surface! I managed a few days in Istanbul, too, which meant a chance to visit the Hagia Sophia, a building I first set eyes on during architectural history lecture as a freshman in university. It has been on my top 5 'architectural sites to see before I die' list ever since. Istanbul was beautiful and a pleasure to explore on foot - with a visit to a traditional turkish bath being a special treat not to be missed. My next stop was to Paris.....
26 January 2009
european vacation - part 1
Last May I took a trip to Turkey to sail with my parents on their sailboat - we departed from Bodrum and sailed to a couple small Greek islands before returning to Turkey. I found the Turks to be incredibly friendly and their country incredibly intriguing. I barely scratched the surface! I managed a few days in Istanbul, too, which meant a chance to visit the Hagia Sophia, a building I first set eyes on during architectural history lecture as a freshman in university. It has been on my top 5 'architectural sites to see before I die' list ever since. Istanbul was beautiful and a pleasure to explore on foot - with a visit to a traditional turkish bath being a special treat not to be missed. My next stop was to Paris.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment